The DC Developmental Disabilities Council is working to respond to the COVID-19 public health crisis in several ways. Our efforts fall into three buckets:
We will be updating this regularly as part of our communication efforts to share information, ideas, and support.
If you have questions about anything on this page, or ideas about what should be on this page, please email Alison Whyte at [email protected] or call 202-340-8563.
- Financial Health during COVID-19 - a resource by the National Disability Institute: https://www.nationaldisabilityinstitute.org/financial-resilience-center
- Things to do during COVID-19 - a great resource for direct support professionals, caregivers, and family members looking for ways to stay entertained and stimulated while at home
- Spreadsheet (updated regularly): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pbOW_OEIo3f5HHBD33JrzNlweVDPIX-e2YaVkc5wNiU/edit?usp=sharing
- Two-page document summary: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R5xAGbDnOlly6drWeYQy9Au_Hrh3MPUL4QBzAKwtBzU/edit?usp=sharing
- Resources where you can get help during COVID-19 (updated regularly): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a6ujIWEaeqa4-2-HKGvI6GL8fZwVLTijV_wiyNNSpIM/edit?usp=sharing
- Plain language resources to help people understand what COVID-19 is and what they should do about it
- English 1-pager created by CA DD Council - https://scdd.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2020/03/2020-3-13-Eng-COVID-19.pdf
- Spanish 1-pager created by CA DD Council - https://scdd.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2020/03/2020-3-13-Spn-COVID-19.pdf
- English 8-page booklet created by Green Mountain Self Advocates - https://ddc.vermont.gov/sites/ddc/files/documents/newsevents/Plain%20Language%20Information%20on%20Coronavirus.pdf
- Spanish 8-page booklet created by Green Mountain Self Advocates - https://scdd.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2020/03/Spanish-Green-Mountain-SA-Info-By-and-For-People-with-Disabilities.pdf
- Video - Tips for Staying Healthy by the Wisconsin Self-Determination Channel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Yl-BesvDw&feature=youtu.be
- Video - What in the world is going on? Plain talk for pandemic times. Read by Ivanova Smith of Washington state - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Snbw3h2scE&feature=youtu.be
- Washington State's Developmental Disabilities Council put together this great resource about the CARES Act (COVID-19 #3) and what it means for individuals, families and businesses - https://informingfamilies.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/CARES-Act.pdf